Posted by Mark
The Council for Frontiers of Knowledge (The CFK) is an international interdisciplinary world-class science and technology organization existing to lead the world in defining and developing global sustainable science and technology and raising the challenge for greater participation. The gigantic challenge of meeting human development globally, confronts scientists, technologists, policy makers, governments and communities from local to global levels. Many people believe that science and technology (S&T) must play a more cardinal role in sustainable development,yet not enough systematic knowledge systems exists to help create institutions that effectively harness science and technology for sustainability, globally. Efforts to mobilize science and technology for sustainability are more likely to be effective when they manage boundaries between knowledge and action in ways that simultaneously enhance the validity and legitimacy of the knowledge they produce.
- To lead the world in defining and developing global sustainable science and technology and raising the challenge for greater participation;
- To develop scientific and research outputs which are relevant and aligned with emerging global priorities;
- To provide valid solutions to emerging and pressing global demands through world-class research;
- To encourage networking among international research and science organizations for quick transfer of human resource capacity and problem solving techniques, sharing familiarity and visibility globally;
- To promote the dissemination of research findings by researchers, the research system and non-governmental agencies to guide policy development, policy implementation and policy evaluation internationally;
- To advocate for investment into research and education as well as application and use of new knowledge;
- To promote equal international competitiveness in attracting research funds, international and company collaborations and relevance in key strength areas;
- To support the development of strategies pertinent to the progression and dissemination of knowledge through groundbreaking research, teaching and extension services internationally;
- To enhance evidence-based, policy guided interventions globally;
- To become a one stop Global Center for Original and Valid Knowledge Creation, Application and Use;
- To support the development of a global science and technology policy detailing priority research themes and criteria for rating research;
- To give systematic attention to the development of global creative scholarship in science and technology through a systematic knowledge system.