The CFK Activities
Posted by Mark
The CFK Activities Include:
- Supplying international expertise to support scientific and research effort initiated within African institutions;
- Identifying key research areas related to social and economic development in Africa, for detailed study where there would be particular synergy with international leaders;
- Identifying and promoting promising African scientists who at one level can be mentored by internationally accomplished scientists/scholars from, the US, Australia, Europe and elsewhere or who can alternatively contribute special skills as part of a substantive team effort;
- Initiating research projects to address key societal issues related to education, food, water and health security, but with solutions that have a clear Africa orientation;
- Mentoring research communication skills, including scientific writing, manuscript preparation for peer-review and engagement with the policy community as well as the public understanding of science and other expert fields;
- Facilitating proposal writing for competitive research and other funding;
- Engaging policymakers more directly within the research process;
- Organizing interdisciplinary research meetings and specialist workshops on substantive research topics and issues to do with the promotion and management of science and technology and to provide a forum for African scholars and research scientists that as a norm includes overseas researchers;
- Anchoring all projects within a sustainability framework.
The CFK Projection
The CFK projects a new means for self-sufficiency in Research and Development within African Nations where local grown expertise has an unassailable role in a richer tapestry of high quality research able to command competitive international funding.