Posted by Mark
Area of ExpertiseMicro- and Nanotechnology, Microsystem engineering, Lab on a chip technologies, Biosensors
Academic PreparationPh.D., Technical University of Denmark, DK, Micro- and Nanotechnology, 2011; M.Sc, Virginia Tech, US and Politecnico of Milan, IT, Physics Engineering, Nanoengineering, 2008; B.Sc., Politecnico of Milan, IT, Physics Engineering, Applied Physics, 2006. Professional Appointments
|2011-Present||Postdoctoral Scientist - Nanoprobes Group, DTU Nanotech, DK|
|2011-2012||Guest Scientist - BioMEMS group, Columbia University Mechanical Engineering, US|
|2009-2010||Researcher – Nanosurface Lab Group, Academia Sinica, Institute of Physics, TW|
|2008-2011||PhD Fellow - Nanoprobes Group, DTU Nanotech, DK|
- J. Yang, M. Palla, F. G. Bosco, T. Rindzevicius, T. S. Alstrøm, M. S. Schmidt, A. Boisen, J. Ju, Q. Lin,” A Surface Enhanced Raman Spectroscopy Based Quantitative Bioassay on Aptamer-Functionalized Nanopillars Using Large-Area Raman Mapping”., ACS Nano, 2013
- S.S. Keller, F.G. Bosco, A. Boisen, “Ferromagnetic shadow mask for spray coating of polymer patterns”, Microelectronic Engineering, 2013
- E.T. Hwu, C.H. Chen, F.G. Bosco, W.M. Wang, H.C. Ko, S Hwang, A. Boisen, K.Y. Huang, “High-performance spinning device for DVD-based micromechanical signal transduction” Journal of Micromechanics and Microengineering 23 (4), 04501, 2013
- F. G. Bosco, E.-T. Hwu, C.-H. Chen, A. Bosien, S. Keller, M.Bache, K. Nielsen, J. Jeppesen, I. H. Hwang, “Statistical analysis of DNT detection using chemically functionalized microcantilever arrays”. Sensors and Actuators: B - Chemical, 171–172, 1054–1059, 2012
- F.G. Bosco, M. Bache, J. Yang, C.H. Chen, E.-T. Hwu, Q. Lin, A. Boisen, “Micromechanical PDGF recognition via lab-on-a-disc aptasensor arrays”, Sensors and Actuators: A – Physical” 195, 154–159, 2012
- A. L. Brøgger, D. Kwasny, F.G. Bosco Z. Tumer, A. Boisen, W. E. Svendsen, “Centrifugally driven microfluidic disc for detection of chromosomal translocations” Lab on a Chip, 12, 4628-4634, 2012
- F.G. Bosco, E.-T. Hwu, C.-H. Chen, S. Keller, M. Bache, M. H. Jakobsen, I.-S. Hwang and A. Boisen” High throughput label-free platform for statistical bio-molecular sensing” Lab on a Chip 11 (14), 2411-2416, 2011
- F.G. Bosco, E.T. Hwu, S.S. Keller, A. Greve, A. Boisen, “Self-aligned cantilever positioning for on-substrate measurements using DVD pickup head”, Microelectronic Engineering 87 (5), 708-711, 2010
- S.S. Gupta, F.G. Bosco, R.C. Batra, “Breakdown of structural models for vibrations of single-wall zigzag carbon nanotubes”, Journal of Applied Physics 106, 063527, 2009
- S.S. Gupta, F.G. Bosco, R.C. Batra, “Wall thickness and elastic moduli of single-walled carbon nanotubes from frequencies of axial, torsional and inextensional modes of vibration”, Computational Materials Science 47 (4), 1049-1059
- F. G. Bosco, M. Bache, E.-T. Hwu, C. H. Chen, J.Eugen Olsen and A. Boisen, Novel DVD-based method for measuring the prognostic biomarker suPAR, International Conference for Frontiers of Knowledge – Kampala, UGANDA, 2012
- F. G. Bosco, J. Yang, C. H. Chen, E.-T. Hwu, M. Bache, Q. Lin and A. Boisen, Micromechanical aptasensor-based proteins detection using a compact-disc format microfluidics system, 2012 IEEE MEMS (2012)
- F. G. Bosco, C. H. Chen, E.-T. Hwu, M. Bache, S. Keller and A. Boisen, High-throughput automated system for statistical biosensing employing microcantilever arrays, 2011 IEEE MEMS, 877 – 880 (2011)
- M. S. Schmidt, N. Kostesha, F. G. Bosco, J. K. Olsen, J. C. Nielsen, J. O. Jeppesen, T. S. Alstrom, J. Larsen, T. Thundat, M. H. Jakobsen, A. Boisen, Xsense – a miniaturised multi-sensor platform for explosives detection, Micro- and Nanotechnology Sensors, Systems, and Applications III, 8031, (2011)
- F. G. Bosco, E.-T. Hwu, A Boisen, High throughput readout system for cantilever-based sensing of explosive compounds, Micro- and Nanotechnology Sensors, Systems, and Applications II 7679, 767925 (2010)
- M. Palla, J. Yang, F.G. Bosco, A. Boisen and Q. Lin, “A novel method for SERS based biomolecules quantification using Raman mapping technique”, Filed, 2013
- M. Donolato, F. G. Bosco, E.-T. Hwu, M. F. Hansen and A. Boisen, “Magneto-optical Biodetection via DVD-ROM pickup head”, Filed, 2012.
- F. G. Bosco, E.-T. Hwu and A. Boisen, “DVD disc format platform for multiple micromechanical biosensing and fluid handling”, WO2012/037944, 2011.
- Strategic Research Award 2013, Danish Council for Strategic Research
- DTU's Young Researcher Award 2012, DTU professors central board
- 80.000 $ POC project, granted by DTU central board for technology development, 2013
- 100.000 $ GAP project, granted by Zealand Region for technology commercialization, 2013
- Co-author of 190.000 $ Ørsted fellowship granted by Technical University of Denmark, 2012
- Co-author of 2.7 M$ ERC project granted by the European Research Council, 2012.
- Co-author of 2.9 M$ DSF project granted by Danish Strategic Council, 2011.